Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Independence Day

"Today is Independence Day, both on the calendar and in my own life."

That is the thought that my mind kept drifting to throughout the day yesterday. The exact thought came into my mind at least two times that I can remember. I let the thought come and go without dwelling on it too much and didn't really think about it again until I got into bed last night. That's when I picked up my ACIM (A Course in Miracles) book, like I always do before going to sleep, to read the lesson for the next day. I happen to be on Lesson 31...and there it was....I was stunned.

The second paragraph from the bottom of the lesson reads, "...In addition, repeat the idea for today as often as possible during the day. Remind yourself that you are making a declaration of independence in the name of your own freedom. And in your freedom lies the freedom of the world." (Click here to read the whole lesson.)

It is beyond synchronicity, it is beyond explanation. I had never read this page before; I hadn't glanced ahead to this lesson the night before, etc. What are the odds that this would happen on Independence Day, in my thoughts throughout the day, and then show up again in ACIM? There's no way this is a coincidence, is it? I'd appreciate thoughts and comments.

I've found a link to the introduction that explains the ACIM Lessons that I am practicing. Click here to read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well lets see someone wrote the book and kept up with the calander on it,that my friend is your coincidence..

Sublime said...

Well... the calendar theory is a good one. Except that the lessons don't start or correspond to any particular day. For example, you don't start with lesson #1 on January 1st, or anything like that. You can start them on any day you are ready to start.

In fact, I just started the lessons on a random day, 31 days ago (I know that because I'm on Lesson 31 and do one each day.) So, there's no way it was written to coincide with the 4th of July.

Bent Fabric said...

Nice blog! I made a comment to you in the wrong post so I will reiterate my statement here:

Anyone who shares my love for Spongebob and my strong dislike for Dubyah is a friend. :)