Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Truthfulness...

"... the truth will make you free."

I happened to see this stenciled on the front of a van (of all places...lol) last Friday. I was immediately struck by it when I saw it. The very randomness and strangeness of seeing it stayed with me throughout the afternoon. But, by Friday evening I had forgotten about it...

Then, like a lightbulb being turned on, the saying hit me again last night in the shower right before bed and it all made sense. I didn't know where this quote came from until I Googled it this morning before starting this post. I was shocked when I saw the whole quote, I guess it just didn't all fit on that van... It's a bible verse (I'm guessing everyone probably knew that but me...lol)

"You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

I realize NOW the important role my thoughts about this quote played in my life over the past few days. I did know the truth and I needed to hear it outloud. Once I did hear it, I wasn't angry anymore. Another lesson learned, thank you.

6 comments:

FantasticAlice said...

MMmmmm... philosophical post... I love 'em. Good quote, it really does make you think!

sttropezbutler said...

Truth. So elusive.

Freedom, often taken for granted.

PS...

My post is a song from a great album by Patti Smith..called People have the Power.

HappyKap said...

I don't know much about the bible...but that's a cool quote.

SassyFemme said...

Isn't it interesting how something we see in passing will later slap us upside the head, and really make us think about something?

Jersey Boy. said...

I have little quotes around my apartment, like Live Simply,Laugh often, Love much. I think things like that remind of where we are going.

Fool said...

Truth is true, and nothing else is true. Sounds familiar? Are you still practising the Course? How are you doing with that?

Love,
Alban