Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Best time in a long time (Part II)

Last Saturday morning I woke up early, even though we'd gotten home late from the concert. I called HER to tell her about the concert and that I'd gotten her a t-shirt. The conversation went well (the best one in awhile) and she asked if I wanted her to stop over at the house.

She arrived a bit later and I was happy to see HER. She was happy to see me also and we sat and talked for the next few hours. Just about everything, including the subject of US. We jointly came to the conclusion that we do still love each other, but this time apart has been/is a good thing. Which I have come to believe over the last four weeks. Of course, as you know, the beginning of the separation was terribly painful. After the anger and hurt began to subside, I started feeling ok with it (maybe the meds just kicked in...lol).

It wasn't until I began showing signs of "intelligent life" re-emerging that we started speaking to each other again. I stuck to my "maintaining radio silence" policy on calling HER. I would only talk to HER if she called me. This seemed to be working out pretty well and helped me to maintain my sanity.

Anyway, once it was time for HER to leave, we actually hugged and kissed (quickly) goodbye. It felt good to have talked through some things. It was also nice to have some pleasant time together with no drama. I'm still terribly in love with HER, but I tried to keep it mostly suppressed since we seemed to be making some progress.

My day continued with an invitation from some friends to have lunch and see a movie. The one friend is the same person that went to the concert with me. The other person is also a woman that is a "newer friend". These women have been so supportive of me even considering the short amount of time I've known them. I met them about the same time as our breakup happened and ever since, they each call me almost everyday and make sure I always have things to do when wanted. I feel very fortunate to have had the "right people" show up at the "right time" in my life lately. So, we went and had a nice lunch and then saw "Skeleton Key" which was a little disappointing, but made up for it by featuring the luscious Kate Hudson partially nude at one point.

By the time the movie was over, I felt exhausted from being out so late on Friday and getting up so early that morning. I went home and decided I was not going back out for the evening as I had planned. Instead I got out a stack of magazines I'd been neglecting, changed into comfortable clothes and spent the evening on the couch. Something I haven't done in a long time... but much needed.

Sunday was the icing on the cake. Coming soon...

7 comments:

AKH said...

I'm so happy that you guys had some time to talk and worked somethings out.

Although I am disappointed that you were disappointed with Skeleton Key. That was actually one of the movies that I was thinking about seeing in the theatre. I guess I'll just wait until it comes out on video or cable.

You really do find out who your true friends are when you need them the most. I think we all have those friends that fit into different classifications. Those that know all of our secrets, fears, and dreams. Those that are good for a good laugh and are fun to hang out with, but don't REALLY know you. The work friends. Then you have the drinking buddies. All serve a different purpose in our lives, some we outgrow, but some will never leave your side.

pack of 2 said...

I'm glad you are doing better. It is also comforting to know that you have a strong support group around you.

Shelly

Bent Fabric said...

Ditto AKH's comment.

I'm happy to hear you and HER are making progress.

It's awesome hot the right friends show up at the right time.

nancy =) said...

so happy to read that things are heading in a good direction...good for you sublime, you so deserve nothing but the best...peace...

4evergapeach said...

Well, Saturday sounds a bit more relaxing than Fri night but much needed. Glad y'all were able to talk things out and be honest with each other. Hope you two can remain friends or at the very least not have any bitter feelings between you. Goodness, by the time you post Sunday it will be time for another weekend! Woohoo!

Hope you don't mind but I tagged you on my site. I checked first to see if you had been tagged before and it doesn't look like it so thought I'd let you join in on the fun!
Take care!!

I n g e r said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear you sounding better. Bound to be some rollercoastering (um, is that a word?...), but the dips are easier to take when there's a rise right around the corner.

sttropezbutler said...

Hey Sublime....That was lovely to read, especially in light of what is going on elsewhere!

Thanks....

STB