Sunday, August 14, 2005

A poem - Death (revisted)

The door on the gloomy rooftop opened
out walked my pouting lover, Death.
She brought with her a sullen look
which upon seeing

sends stomachs to sicknesses involuntary consent
Her eyes were red and swollen
tears fell on her exquisite heaving breast

I inquired of the disdainful distress
that given her attention
allowed heaven a momentary rest

Her reply was softly spoken
beneath her sweet dulcet breath
Like the whisper of a butterfly
caught hopelessly in sticky spider net

She turned to me and uttered

the two simple words,
You’re next


I wrote this poem a little over a year ago. It's posted somewhere back in my archives, but I thought I'd post it again for my new friends. I'd love to know what people think of it.....
After writing this, I was inspired to find a picture to go with it. That is how I came across the image I use as the icon in my profile. Somehow these two things suit me.

2 comments:

Bent Fabric said...

You are a wonderful, talented poet. I liked that a lot. It was enjoyable yet sad. (Hope that makes sense.) Your choice of words convey the raw feelings well.

nancy =) said...

awesome poem...and thanks for the commentary on your icon pic, cuz i've been admiring that for a while now...peace...